This week I would like to share this idea for edible gifts that really shows thought and they are loved by all. They can be put in a lovely jar and look really fab under the tree.
Tip : Edible gifts show you’ve taken the time and effort to make them for the lucky recipient! It can be a great way of spending time with the kids at this busy time of year. We know they’re popular because our edible gift class always sells out!
350g ground almonds
350g caster sugar
4 egg whites
1 ½ tbsp amaretto
Butter, for greasing
Preheat the oven to 180C / Gas 4.
In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Gently mix in the sugar, amaretto and almonds.Place some baking parchment on a baking tray and butter lightly. Using a teaspoon place small dollops (about 2cm) onto the sheet. Bake for 12–15 minutes until a pale golden brown. Leave to set on the baking tray, as they are quite soft at this stage. The will harden as they cool. Tip: Add 2 tbsp of dried cranberries to the mixture.
Here are my six stress busters for Christmas that I would like to share with you all
- Take a walk on the wild side – get fresh air and down time, five mins meditation can go a long way
- It’s not a competition – it’s about family time
- Plan – write lists, call it old-school but I am a great believer in writing lists
- Delegate – usually people want to help so share the load
- Prepare what you can ahead of time
- Less is more – alternate your alcoholic drinks so you’re not over-doing it.